Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do you change display settings on a Wndows 98?

I have a Milwukee PC with Windows 98. I can't change the display settings. When I did and restarted it just goes back to defaults. I tried a newer video card, but I could only get 16 colors. I want to acheive High Color or True Color. I could get 256 on the older card. Can anyone help?How do you change display settings on a Wndows 98?
You need to go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers (software) for the card. The drivers are typically located under the ';support'; menu.



If you are unable to obtain the drivers, then you'll need to go to driverguide.com and download them from there if they are available.How do you change display settings on a Wndows 98?
You need to go to the website for the video card and download the drivers directly from them. I had this same problem. You just have to go to the source. Otherwise, this is going to be irritating you forever.



Hope this helps.
Install the correct video drivers
this is a driver issue in order to install the right driver you must know what model and brand your video card is you must check the card physically because some times the one showing in the device manager is not the one you got installed. once you know the card model number and manufacturer you can download the driver from the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment