Friday, November 19, 2010

Windows Live Messenger crashes when I send/receive files, and when trying to change display picture!?

I use Windows Live Messenger 8.5, and it has been working fine, until recently.

I signed in the other day and within a few seconds I got a message stating ';windows live messenger has stopped working'; ';A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program and notify you if a solution is available';

I managed to fix this problem by turning off my sharing folders, and it was working fine after that.

But today, the message is back (sharing forlders still off) only now I cannot send or receive files, and cannot hit the ';browse'; button to change my display picture.

When I do any of these things, the messenger window simply disappears and signs me out.



I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger, with no luck.



I am aware that there are newer versions of Windows Live at this point, but am not really wanting to change as I completely HATE the new windows.



How can I fix this??

Any help out be appreciated! Thanks!Windows Live Messenger crashes when I send/receive files, and when trying to change display picture!?
Maby your running to many apps simultaneously or you have to many installed.
  • down payment on a house
  • rodents
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment