Friday, November 19, 2010

How can i change display name on Yahoo Messenger? (when you chat with someone it appears before your message)?

i ned to change my display name in Yahoo Messenger, i can't :S, it's irritating me.How can i change display name on Yahoo Messenger? (when you chat with someone it appears before your message)?
OK not sure if you mean just in Instant Message boxes or in Chat so i will tell you both ways!



For instant messages you can click on messenger and select My Contact Details and change the first and last name this will then display what u put instead of your yahoo id and to change it back to your original yahoo id just do the same thing but delete what u put in the boxes.



To Change your id in the chat rooms simple click messenger and select my profiles once the box pops up click create/edit my profiles and edit your profile change your nick name or u can create a new profile name and use that for chatting.How can i change display name on Yahoo Messenger? (when you chat with someone it appears before your message)?
I did this and I still have real name displayed when I open Yahoo. I never had such problems setting prefernces.I have no problems with corporate or personal MSN messenger.

Report Abuse


Why is this so difficult. I click help, then messenger help, nothing happens. I can't get any drop downs to open a new window. Please don't tell me I have to un-install/re-install

Report Abuse


its simple...just click ';Messenger----%26gt;My contact details, then change your nick name...tats it

Report Abuse


I had the same concern when I downloaded the newest version of Messenger. Although your ';real'; name shows in the IM window on your end, only your Yahoo! ID shows on the other end. I tested this out with a friend and he assured me that all he could see was my Yahoo! ID. However, if you still want to change it so that another name shows up when you sign in to Messenger, click on the messenger tab at the top. Then select ';My Contact Details';. Type in the name that you would like to see and it will show up. This name will also show up when you check your message archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment