Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the display name in the from field?

I am using the new yahoo mail. I have looked under the general tab in options to change my display name, but there is no place here for me to do it. Anyone know how to fix this? I am trying to change the name people see when I send them an email. Thank you.How do I change the display name in the from field?
With the ';New Mail';---it's just a tad different than with Classic.



Try this:

Mail page%26gt;%26gt;options%26gt;%26gt;mail options%26gt;%26gt;accounts (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;add/edit an account%26gt;%26gt;Yahoo mail (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;edit%26gt;%26gt;general preferences.

At the top of that page----erase the name that shows on the From line and type in something else---a nickname or an alias or whatever suits you-----then click ';save'; at bottom of page.How do I change the display name in the from field?
To change how your name appears in other peoples’ incoming mail.



For “all new yahoo mail”

1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Yahoo! Mail page.

2. Under “Management”, click General Preferences.

3. Right at the top, in the “From name:” type in the name you want to show.

4. Click Save to put your new settings into effect.
Apparently,Yahoo has some of the features disabled in the new mail while they are ';tweaking'; them. You will need to revert to Classic Mail, make your changes, then switch back to the new mail. According to Yahoo, your changes will transfer to new mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment