Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my display name on yahoo?

I can't figure out how to change my name, right now it's Budbuyer420 and i want to change it.How do I change my display name on yahoo?
You can create an Alias and use that instead of your main Yahoo ID.



HOW DO I CREATE AN ALIAS

For every Yahoo! ID you can create 6 aliases. In the Messenger menu at the top of Y!M choose My Account Info and once you sign in, on the right you will see where you can create aliases. I will be posting some help links for you that will explain this in detail. One major thing that is different now is that aliases cannot have unique profiles. If you want an alias to have a profile you will have to link it to your main Yahoo ID. Only link your alias to the main Yahoo ID if you do not mind that they share a profile.



You might need to exit Yahoo! Messenger before the new alias you have created becomes available in the drop down menu of the Join a room window for chat rooms or the drop down menu under Send As in the IM box.



You can also choose to sign into Yahoo Messenger with your Alias instead of your Yahoo ID and then you will not have to change the name in the IM window or if you go to a chat room because it will already be set as your Alias.

*********************************

This link tells you the steps to create an Alias:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng



PLEASE NOTE: There is a mistake on step 3 of the above link. It should instead read: Click the Edit/Create Aliases link on the right side of the page (not Edit/Create Profiles link).

*********************************

How do I link my Alias to Primary Yahoo! ID?:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/profile

No comments:

Post a Comment