Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Change display properties from safe mode?

My WinXP computer is connected to an LCD TV. When I boot up in normal mode, I am getting ';invalid format';. When I boot up in safe mode, display works fine. I change settings, reboot, and still getting ';invalid format';. Now, how do I change display settings to the correct resolution in safe mode, so the change gets propagated to normal mode as well? Thanks!Change display properties from safe mode?
Try (in safe mode) going to start, settings, control panel, display and reset to correct values. Then do a restart.Change display properties from safe mode?
Safe Mode is not necessarily the answer (and the OP noted this!)



There is another option in the F8 menu that puts it back to VGA mode, but otherwise boots normally. Use this and you can then change the display properties (which you can't do in Safe Mode) and when you reboot, it should be OK.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment