Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me how to change your display name permanently as it appears to others on their buddy list?

When you go to add someone on your buddy list it gives you the option to change your name. I just realized (after 2 years) that when I add someone, it appears on their buddy list with my screen name and last name. I dont want everyone I add to know my last name. I know how to change it each time, but I want to know if there is a permanent way to change it. I tend to forget when I am adding someone. Also, is there a way to have it appear differently on the peoples buddy list that I have on there now?Can anyone tell me how to change your display name permanently as it appears to others on their buddy list?
if you're after quick fix..

login to Yahoo! Messenger

click on Messenger

select My Contact Details

at the top is Name:

there are 3 fields that you need to complete to stop Yahoo! Messenger accessing the default Details stored in your Yahoo! Account information, these are...

First (Name)

Last (Name)

Nickname



take a little care if you remove the first and last name fields from you My Contact details, we've found that doing so can cause the information to be extracted from your Account Information.

e.g if under My Contact Details if you fill in first name but don't fill in your last, you may find your last name is extracted from your Account details by default in most cases

e.g

Account details

first name: Jack

last name: Jones

My Contact details

first name: JJ

last name: [not filled out]

your requests may go out with your yahoo ID but your contact details may read as JJ Jones which is perhaps what you've found yourself? :)



we have an article at http://www.wackyb.co.nz/Yahoo!_Messenger if you want some more information then also check out our article http://www.wackyb.co.nz/Yahoo!_First_and regarding our experience and findings.



the only sure fire way to kill it off completely is too edit your account information (the form you filled out when you signed up for your yahoo id)

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profil

or use any link to My Account (often visible in red text) at the top of Yahoo! Pages

or directly from within Yahoo! Messenger via Messenger %26gt; My Account Information, which will open Yahoo! Account Information in your browser window.

Once there...

1.Ignore the first instance of your Names, scroll down the page until you see Address / Contact Information, click Edit...

2. now at the top of the page should be Your Name, edit both fields

3. hit Finished, if prompted, then confirm your password, you will be redirected back to your Yahoo! Account Information page where you can see the changes, if you're happy with the results, click Finish again, then exit out of your browser and log back into Yahoo! Messenger. :)Can anyone tell me how to change your display name permanently as it appears to others on their buddy list?
I had the same exact problem when I started out. Initially, I was so gullible and filled out all my profile details using my real name. This appeared as such on my e-mails and YM. It took me several weeks of frustrations to try to change it. I even contacted Yahoo Help several times. But they were no help at all. Eventually thru several experimentations, I accomplished the impossible.



Go to Mail Options found on the extreme right of the yahoo mail page. Go to General Preferences. Fill out the name that you want to be known. It could be a username or a screen name or basename, or an alias or fictitious name. You could even use a nickname. Try not to use your ID. Then, notify all your contacts how you want to be addressed.



Also in your address book or YM list, list yourself using the new name. Also, go to My Account and edit your profile. You can use that name for the first name and leave the last name blank. If you filled this in, your full name will show up again. To further ensure this, create another profile.This time, use the name you want to use. Remember, ID can not be changed. Only passwords can. Or as in this case, the screen or user name,nickname or basename. Forget about the addressguard. There are no instructions. So I couldn't use it.



If you want this change to show to your existing buddylist. This is what you do. List yoursellf

This way, you'll effect the same as well as remember the name you used.





Only fill in Nickname or the new name, no last name. I was at my wit's end, so I decided to close that acct and open another acct.. Now I have two accts and two passwords and two ID's. To my surprise, found out that my first acct never close. Apparently, you can not close an acct. It just stays dormant if you don't use it.
  • oil pan replacement
  • pc or mac
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment