Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change my display name?

I have Yahoo Messenger for Vista and I see nowhere in the main menu or preferences to change MY contact info. Yahoo does not want to go to Edit/Create Profile in my account today have been trying on and off for a couple of hours.How do I change my display name?
change yahoo id







Before thinking that you need to change your Yahoo ID, you must know that Yahoo allows more than one Yahoo ID integrated per user. This means you can register another one (maybe two, three if you wish and feed the need to) and share the list of friends, the address book and even your inbox.





In order to do that, you will have to reach to the Messenger menu in your Yahoo Messenger and choose ';My Profiles';. A small dialog box will appear, listing the Yahoo IDs for your account. At the beginning you'll only see one. There's a button at the bottom that says ';Create/Edit My Profiles';. You need to click that and you will be taken to a page that sums up your account status. Finally, there's a button that says Create New Public Profile, and by pushing that you will be taken to a registration form.



All you have to do is enter your real name and account information, then click ';Create Profile';. You will then be redirected to the previous account summary, only this time your new profile will show up. It's now done; you have a fully functional different Yahoo ID to use. You can switch your default ID or change the ID within a conversation by selecting the appropriate ID from the dropdown box.













1 MAROON



How do I change my display name?
Try adding a real name:



1. Go to http://manage.members.yahoo.com/index_listprofiles.html

2. Click on ';Edit'; next to the profile on the ';Yahoo! ID'; row

3. Click ';Edit Profile Information';

4. Fill in a real name, then save changes.



Also, these instructions for Messenger 8 may help:



http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messenger/messenger8/im/mstacontactname.html



I don't have Vista, so I can't be sure, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment