Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change the display name which appears on the messages I send?

I have tried the answer listed in Answers. It says to go to the Options on Mail and then work in the box accross from From -- I cannot find a way to get a From box to appear. I need better instructions to get the display name changed.How do I change the display name which appears on the messages I send?
You may be having a problem IF you're using the All New Mail. The instructions given are for Classic Mail.



Try this if you have the All New Mail.



Mail page%26gt;%26gt;options%26gt;%26gt;mail options%26gt;%26gt;accounts (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;add/edit an account%26gt;%26gt;Yahoo mail (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;edit%26gt;%26gt;general preferences.

Now you should see the from line setting.

Erase the name entered there and type in a new name of your choosing----and----be sure to ';save'; it.How do I change the display name which appears on the messages I send?
After you click on Options, Mail Options, the page should open to the category at the top of the list on the left. It is called General. If it is not opening there, click on General.



In the window on the right, look for ';From name'; with a box to the right of it. Delete the name you have in this box and enter a nickname or whatever you would like displayed in the From field in your emails. Most important, go to the top left of this window and click the Save Changes icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment